The town hall at Runcorn, with the new offices added in the 1970's in the background. The house was formerly Halton Grange. Built in the 1850's by Thomas Johnson, it was designed in the style of Osborne House, Queen Victoria's residence on the Isle of Wight. Later it was owned by Thomas Hazlehurst and then by Thomas Boston,two of Runcorn's Industrialists. In 1932 it was bought by Runcorn as its Town Hall. The planners wanted to knock this building down when the building of new offices, seen in the background, was proposed !
The reverse side of this postcard had not been used, and is not displayed