Date 1831 with additions in 1859.
Red sandstone façade with brick behind. Slate roof. Further red brick addition 1897. Originally town hall,
then police station, and court with cells. Old stocks (restored) on the right.
The lamp marks the position of a drinking water fountain (1857), removed in 1950's.
The building was restored and re-opened by Her Majesty The Queen, in 1998.